Well I have finished my patchwork project, I am no longer calling it a quilt as it has actually turned into a cushion instead.
Halfway through the project I had a feeling that something was not working and I started being reluctant to work on it. After laying it on the floor I realized that I didn’t actually like the fabrics I had used and they didn’t work cohesively together as a quilt.
Determined not to gain yet another abandoned project I realized that although it was not destined to adorn a bed in quilt form it would make a rather quirky cushion so using the squares I had made I adapted the layout slightly and have now completed it. I am much happier with the finished result of a cushion and have learnt a lot in the process.
Next time I attempt a quilt I will defiantly take more consideration with my fabric choice and colour scheme and will take the time to design the overall pattern layout of the quilt and plan it out so I know what each square will be before I even cut the fabric.
Completing the patch work project has defiantly made me feel a lot more confident about my machine sewing skills and I now am at my most comfortable sitting at my machine so I’m sure you won’t be surprised to hear that I have already moved on to my next project .
After rummaging in my vintage pattern collection I have unearthed this lovely pattern from 1980 to use. I have opted to make up the red dress as I prefer the shorter sleeves and am not too fond of patch pockets.
So after selecting this lovely fabric to make it up I ready to get started again. Wish me luck xx