Wednesday 26 June 2013

A week of activity! Hurray!


My bunch of Sweet Williams - a reward for being so productive this week.
 
So After last weeks post  about  trying to  get over my creative block I thought this week I would give  a little update  of how I was getting on. I’ve  been trying to be really proactive with seeking  inspiration rather  than  waiting for it to come to me and am pleased to  say that my efforts have been rewarded am  feeling much more creative and inspired.
 
Here are a couple of projects I  have been working over the last week.  

This is my take on the floral headbands that seem to be really popular at the moment.


For this  one I used  some flowers I had made recently and some vintage ribbon and lace I had stashed away.

 

This fascinator  was a bit of an experiment really, I had already blocked the base  but was not sure  how to decorate it.
 
 I really wanted to use the floral fabric as I love the colours and the pattern but  as it was a vintage piece I bought in Paris last year and I only had a small amount I was really reluctant to cut it.

 
After a bit of playing I  fashioned it into this oversized bow and decorated it with vintage buttons I bought at the same time and some other beads.
 
The lace lining I used for the underside of the fascinator - I just couldn't resist!
 
Also here is a sneaky peak into what’s going on in my sketchbook at the moment. I am usually pretty  shy about sharing what  I do in my  sketchbooks but thought it was about time I broke that habit!





 

Anyway I hope everybody is having a good week and  getting a chance to enjoy the sunshine if you’re having it.  We’ve got a little bit but it never seems to last long enough so I’m off to enjoy it whilst I can xxx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment